Search This Blog

Thursday, October 7, 2010

If God had a face what would it look like?


I mean not all people are Christians..or not all people have gods to believe on...but one thing is for sure....
we always have something to believe on....
to keep us strong...
amidst trials and sorrows....
when I watched Glee Season 2 Episode 3: Grilled Cheesus.....
I realized that it's almost a month since I last prayed the Holy Rosary...
My life has been on fast pace....
forgetting about the real substance of faith....
Faith is something you cannot see nor touch...
but somehow it holds up your life together....
we all have faith..if not to a god...maybe to something or someone...
we really can't do it all alone....
there will always be that mysterious entity intervening in our lives....
that is faith...
sometimes we forget the real essence of faith because we stereotype different kinds of beliefs and religions....
but that's not the point....
if you don't believe in God...that most people believe on....
it doesn't mean you have no assurance to salvation...
faith is something more than that...
more than your religion...
more than what you believe in....
but on your actions and deeds in this world...
that affects people around you...


our actions are the real mirrors of our faith...


and our mistakes should not completely rely on the essence of religion but on how your mistakes affect people...
there will always be consequences in everything and it should not be blamed on faith and religion....
we are all imperfect striving to survive in this diverse world...


as time runs so fast....


as the flow of river  passes just once...


as more people get lost into transition...


let us all be aware...


that we should not rely on being constantly reminded of our faith through speech and writing....


but more into actions....


in my part...
I believe in God...but many times I doubted him...
so many times I was lost..and found..lost and found again...
what matters most is to find our way back home....
we can never do it all alone....


If God has a face...it would be just like my dream....
I had a dream when I wished to see God's face....
the sky opened up...
and I saw the image of Jesus...
crying with tears of blood...
this happened when I was still 11 years old....
I have not spoken it to public in this form...
but this is somehow a revelation....


that God is a suffering God...


that we should see him more on the face of the people who are less fortunate and in need....


that God was represented of Jesus who suffered and died on the cross...


that dream was a lesson for me...
sinful as I am..I try and try to stand up and look into God's ways...
it doesn't matter how many times you fall...but the important thing is how to get back up again...


in your own feet....


in your own faith...


you don't need to belong to a specific religion to have faith...


we are all free with our own choices in life...
but always remember...


faith is never absent...


it is rooted within you....


for those who haven't felt it...
open your mind and hearts and surrender...
faith is never different...
to someone or something....


it's how you act upon it that makes a difference...


I have made a difference by pausing on my busy life and writing a blog on spirituality...


have you done your fair share?




http://www.religionfacts.com/christianity/beliefs/god.htm

4 comments:

  1. You really have a profound understanding about Faith... It really made my day....

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Phil..yah..been through a lot...

    ReplyDelete
  3. faith alone can never be justified without acting upon it..

    ReplyDelete