Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Cafe Kiss

Cafe Kiss
by: Rizhel Ann Supremo

Through the cold rainy days
You were my warm coat in such ways
You were my hot-served coffee
Paired with toasted bread and toffee
All those years we spent
Were cherished and heaven sent
We shared a thousand cups
Even through the down and ups
Here we are again together today
Still in the same old cafe
Sharing the same coffee table
Porcelain cup with the same label
I didn't notice holding your cup
And sipped a little and got up
I went outside to breathe a little
Goodbyes really made my heart so brittle
You looked at the cup I left
With misery and sorrow, you fret
But little did you know I left a gift
In that cup I left a kiss never to drift
I left to give you some space
To find yourself out of the maze
But we'll be meeting soon after the mists
Til we meet again, please treasure my cafe kiss ...


This poem was published in THE WORD 2006, the official publication of Holy Name University Volume XVIII Issue 2 in Extracts


No comments:

Post a Comment